You guys have all highlighted some of the concerns that my family has about advocating for a grade skip or even subject acceleration. I'm not willing to rule it out yet and DS has asked in his own way about it. I can see both sides but I often wonder if my parents aren't looking at him and wishing how he "could" be instead of how he really is. We literally *made* him play t-ball this year because it seemed important to have that "team experience". And every single day, it was a fight to get him in the car, get him on the field. He hated it. He loves sports he can do on his own like swimming but he's already figured out that he will not be the fastest or the best on the team. He prefers to compete against his own best rather than someone else.

We'll see how it goes on Monday. At a very minimum, I want the 1st grade teacher to be able to work with the K teacher to provide DS with something useful to do. I know that he's comfortably doing 2nd grade work but I can't see him being successful in that grade right now. He would stand out too much and it would be frustrating for him in areas where he's not advanced- like motor skills.

However, wasting two hours a day being bored and trying desperately not to get in trouble is not really what I want to be paying money for.