Grinity-
A) How quickly could the ed psych get into the classroom?

She can come next week. It'll cost us, but it might be worth it if she can get an inroad with the teacher.

B) Do you even want him in K? Is this something that could be solved in the K room?

He's enjoying K a lot for all the fluff time. He's also already young for his class- the school has a 5 by August 1st cutoff and half of his class is either already 6 or turning 6 in the next two months. He turned 5 in April. It'd be hard to put him straight into 1st because he'd be 2 years younger than most of the kids and he has a well established group of friends in K. But he may be open to the idea. Our public school district recommended skipping K and 1st and putting him straight into 2nd. But I strongly believe they wanted his test scores to meet their goals this year and not because it was in his best interest.

Ideally, I'd like him in 1st grade in the morning and K in the afternoon. He's easily able to fit in with older kids academically, has bonded with one of the 1st grade teachers who was a specialty camp teacher over the summer and could fit nicely into their curriculum. The 1st grade teachers are excellent at differentiation and I've observed them stretch as far as 3/4th grade math on an individual level.