My DS is only 4, and is generally an incredible easy going cooperative child. But there are a few settings in which he acts out and I just don't understand his behavior at all. He just gets all goofy in groups. He says silly things, he doesn't listen good, he is not at all himself. Not so say he is perfect one on one, but significantly different and better behaved. He just started pre-k a couple weeks ago and his behavior at his pre-k the last few days hasn't been great. He behaves well over all and for at least the first week they said he was a pleasure to have in their class, but yesterday he decided to move all their furniture around which he told me they didn't like (I still don't understand why no one saw him doing this or stopped him, but I will have to check on that). And today he told us that he didn't want to sit during their project so they put him in time out and that they wouldn't let him jump on the trampoline so he threw a dinosaur model at the teacher. Now I heard nothing about this so I don't really know (I will call tomorrow, it's hard because I don't pick him up or drop him off). I just don't understand him and I worry about him in Kindergarten and how he is going to do. That is if he goes straight to K, I don't know what we are going to do with him. We are thinking that he is highly/profoundly gifted based on the things that he has done and continues to do. It seems like his behavior is worse with more stimulus. He told me today that he thinks that there are too many kids in his preschool. And some days he says "I hope there won't be as many kids there today."

Anyone else have, or had a child with behavior issues such as this? I try to tell myself that he is 4 and will outgrow it soon since there is generally a big change in behavior between 4 and 5. I work with this age group all day long...but not with gifted children. Any thoughts?