Hello all,

I took some wise advice and a step back.......

Thanks for all the well wishes and concerns. I'd hit a little roadblock and became extremely frustrated. DD WILL be leaving for the math hour.....things continue to progress slowly.......onward we march. smile

Lots of great discussion, ideas and excellent points. One comment particularly jumped out at me:

think it's difficult for teachers to see the distinction between "working hard" on drudgery and "working hard" on challenging material.

Working hard on drudgery vs. challenging material. Hmmmmmmm. Working hard on challenging material: promotes good work ethic, sticktuitiveness, and definately good self esteem, a feeling of self efficacy.
Working hard on drudgery: For our highly able children, if this happens consistently, over time it will condition them to procrastinate and spin their wheels. Excessive time spent on this conditions the child to be unproductive. It can become a part of who they are and how they manage their day as adults.

I would recommend that every parent with a HG,EG, PG very carefully consider this.

This knowlege has a lot to do with what I do and will continue to do. wink

Peace,
Neato