I do hope that I am doing this right since this is my first time posting. I guess I will find out soon enough. Anyhow, my son just turned 4 a month ago and I took him to a developmental pediatrician when he was 3 who suggested that we had my DS IQ tested by a psychologist in the spring before starting Kindergarten. He felt that he was very bright, which was not news to us. He is an amazing child (aren't all of them though?) but so different from DH and I. He was reading before he was 2 and now probably reads at a 5th grade level...he can play songs by ear on the piano and has done this since 2 as well. He recognizes tons of classical pieces and links them to composers just by memory. He knows the cd tracks of every song that he listens to. He writes, emails, loves math and word games, wants to learn new languages, loves sports, I could go on and on.

But my question is this....what type of test would be the best for a child like this? I have read that different tests work better for certain children and for children that are highly gifted it is hard to find IQ tests to suit them. I don't know his level of giftedness or anything....but know he is not the norm. The Ruf estimates easily puts him as a 4, possibly a 5 but probably not quite. I just don't know what to do with a child like this. I just don't want him to be unsuccessful and unhappy with schooling (he didn't do that great in his last pre-k at 3 because as he said "the other kids in my class don't speak english"....but he is eager to start his new one in 2 weeks). Our local school district has no programming for gifted children and I want to at least have some information/IQ scores or something to get him some services. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! And I apologize for the lengthy tangential post...

Michelle