LaurieBeth,

Did the psych who administered the testing include any additional tests to try to tease out why the processing subtest scores are relatively low? That's really a large discrepancy between PSI and her other scores - even if your dd's other scores had been significantly lower, the PSI scores are low.

FWIW, some of what you wrote about your dd sounds a lot like my dd who has vision challenges (and who benefitted tremendously from vision therapy). Fatigue at the end of the day was one thing in particular. She also doesn't read word-by-word, but reads in blocks, and reads *very* quickly. Her vision has been remediated for some time now, and she loves loves loves to read (fiction and medical books lol), but she still has to work extra hard (compared to most people) to keep her eyes tracking. She also scored extremely low on symbol search on the WISC-IV (prior to vision therapy), but I also recall she scored extremely low on one other sub-test in either PRI or VCI that included a visual component. Sorry I don't remember which subtest it was.

Let us know what you find out from the optometrist's report!

Best wishes,

polarbear