Originally Posted by eco21268
indigo: at 504 meeting earlier this year, I brought my "documentation" and tried to refer to it and was told to "lay last year to rest."
Looks like they wanted 504 compliance feedback information in real-time, however their statement may have provided a great opportunity to mention that it is often helpful to recap what did work and what did not in the previous year's 504, in order to learn from past experiences (both positive and negative) and craft an even better plan in the subsequent (current) year.

The 504 coordinator looked at me like I'd grown a second head when I asked to have the language "and teachers will reply" to the "weekly check-in" accommodation. Same for other accommodations where I asked they be made more explicit.
And so they demonstrate that you have hit a nerve, focusing in on the weak spot(s) of the prior year's 504. The 504 is essentially your kid's lifeline in school and you want it to be strong: "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link."

In case you felt badly after that meeting, I want to encourage you that you did great in introducing these points into the conversation. smile

I hear you on advocacy, but monitoring DS 504 compliance takes too much time and it just doesn't feel like the best thing to do with our lives.
I hear you. You know your situation best and I trust you to make the best decision.