Originally Posted by eco21268
I don't want to have to fight, and cite the 504, every time something goes awry.
I hear you! And yet, citing the 504 can become automatic and unemotional for both you and the teachers, as they learn to make their compliance with this student's unique support needs ingrained, and routine.

I would have been perfectly happy to accept that oversights happen, if the teacher was then willing to be flexible about grading it late--but DS would be graded late regardless of the reason so that was just too much to deal with.
This could be an occasion to document each specific incident of lack of compliance and the impact on the grade, as it occurs. Keeping dated, written documentation in an advocacy log at home may be helpful, because then you can extract a collection of facts to present at an advocacy meeting. This also provides a history of facts if you need to escalate the issue.

I don't think he can be expected to learn the EF stuff without contextualized instruction.
Agreed. Whatever his learning environment next year, the further development of EF skills may be a great goal.

I do what I can, but I'm not there.
Right. The role of parent in this process may be that of documenting at home, following up with school for compliance.

I don't think they are ever going to agree to evaluate him.
Have you contacted them in writing with your best list of facts and evidence, to request the evaluation?

I just don't want to waste all of this energy any more.
Wherever he goes, the need for advocacy may present itself.

Kid's lost his love of learning anything academic, is moody and anxious, and generally unhappy.
Clearly something must change. That may mean changing the advocacy approach, and/or gaining an IEP, and/or changing to a different learning environment. What are his thoughts on what he like to see changed?