We can't move, but in our district the kid can transfer into any school (but not necessarily any program) with an opening.

Probably the next best choice for DS, though, is also a program that has these grade requirements. They *might* take into consideration that his B-C average was in accelerated program, but they might not.

There is only transportation to your assigned school, though, with the exception of the program he is in now. I can deliver him anywhere, but can't pick up in the afternoon.

The benefit of going to the assigned school is they can't kick him out if he gets a bad grade. That would be a nice relief from the pressure, for both of us. OTOH, DS might well interpret that as license to completely check out.

Also, all the other MS programs have MS teams, and the teachers have to have MS certification, which specifically includes developmental EF info. That would be very helpful for DS, I think. In a more normal group, I don't think he'd seem like such a big PITA because he's a nice kid, not antisocial (yet).

One thing I do find interesting is that our family friend (highly gifted, several other Es) has way more accommodations in his 504. Things that our 504 coordinator told me DS couldn't possibly have--like an extra set of books at home.

What I really think is going on: his current program can't come right out and SAY, kids with ADHD can't make it here, but that's the underlying principle. They do say, when you're applying, that "good organizational skills are a must." I just kind of blew that off, because I had no idea DS would have THIS much trouble. He was always disorganized in elementary, but always had good grades and his state test scores/performance series stuff, etc. has always been high.

Even though he struggled all year last year, his state scores were all advanced and his lexile score increased to 1600. So at least I know he is still progressing. He would do best in an environment where you just listen and then take tests, but that's not what school looks like any more. smile