Thanks, all! I am worried that I've already annoyed personalities at the school, but so be it. But, I have to advocate for my kid. She had a RIT of 218 in first grade. In third grade she went up to 229. And that is the sum total of the growth that she experienced in elementary school. She says that she reads every third word on "those boring tests." I believe her. I guess I have to tell her to slow down and pay attention. It's especially hard because they invited her to test and her own self-esteem has been impacted by this experience. There is a Science Olympiad team, and she was intrigued by it, but then saw that there is a "try-out" date on the flier and said that she didn't want to do it anymore. It's hard because she's an eleven-year-old and I see so many insecurities creeping in. I don't think that there is a lot in the curriculum that would be great for her, but I do think that being clustered with other curious and bright kids would be a boost for her. But, maybe being in the regular class will be good because she'll have time to read whatever she wants at home. I'll try to calm down about it all!

Last edited by hen27; 08/02/15 08:24 PM.