Anyone have any ideas about how to advocate for my DD? I had her tested when she was 6 because school was boring to her and she was acting out. She has a full IQ of 141, but a slower processing speed. I don't remember the numbers right now, but the Psych. who performed the test told us that it was a sign of perfectionism. She was accepted at a gifted school, but then we decided against it because of the cost and the fact that we have two other kids.

Then she took the OLSAT as the screen for the district gifted program, and according to this test, she was in the bottom half of her class verbally. It made NO sense at all, but they wouldn't use my test to put her in.

The next year they gave her the CoGAT for getting into gifted program. She got a perfect score on the verbal section. I was told that she got lower scores on the other sections because she didn't finish, but they were high enough to be in the program.

Then they got rid of the pull-out gifted program for a push-in program. That was not a huge problem since that was only two hours a week. She is a social girl, and reads on her own, but has been miserably bored and asks frequently if she can stay home from school.

Now, she is going into middle school and there is a advanced language arts class. She is not being put into the class because her MAP is the 92nd percentile. I appealed explaining that her RIT has not grown (only negatively) since third grade. I told them she is bored and NEEDS the advanced curriculum, but we are getting a stone wall.

I am not going to pay for private testing again, but there has to be some way to advocate for her. Any ideas other than what I've presented here? I have a meeting with an admin next week.

Thanks!

Last edited by hen27; 07/29/15 09:30 PM.