Originally Posted by spaghetti
And, I'd make sure she has access to good work at home. You could look into some homeschooling curriculum such as Michael Clay Thompson for grammar, Lightning Literature for Literature, and if you want a live class, look at onlineG3. It's possible your dd is shutting down and has lost touch with her joy of learning or is not reachable by conventional school means. You may need to open her world to the other possibilities by offering her curriculum on your own to reignite the fire.

I want to know how people fit the after schooling in...

If they are in school all day. Granted some of that homework doesn't take too long but hopefully my son will be placed in accelerated math and that will be a bit of work to do. He will have band instrument to practice daily, he has scouts once a week, sports two to three times a week.

I really want him to do an online class but I can't see adding that to his schedule in addition to his voracious reading, bike riding, and the bit of down time he needs for Legos and various creative projects (like designing his Halloween costume) and he does like a bit of TV and video games (limits apply). I might have him start his online class at spring break and finish it by the end of summer.