OK, here is what is under present levels:

Bracken School Readiness Assessment-3rd edition

WIAT III

Behavior Assessment System for Children (BASC-2) (completed by IU teacher and myself)

Summery of FBA update (which summarizes the FBA data taken 2 years ago.)

A summery of his IU OT services

3 pages written by me of strategies we find helpful for DS

His WPPSI results are notably absent, although they do appear in the transition report. We were told at that meeting that they would not count them as he did not finish the test (therefore he has a GAI calculated by their school psych and no FSIQ). The report by the school psych said this:

The GAI is deemed to be most representative of DS's intellectual functioning. His behavior grew increasingly restless and he was unable to regulate his actions to stay focused on non-preferred tasks. He did not finish the timed task forming the basis for processing speed in a manner that would provide a valid estimation of his ability. DS worked in spurts, sometimes working very quickly and then stopping to engage in another behavior. Thus the GAI, which places less emphasis on processing speed, was chosen to represent his cognitive functioning.

Here is my huge thread about his cognitive testing this spring if you are interested:

http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....ally_got_our_WPPSI_IV_re.html#Post214279

I don't feel that anything about the FBA is valid as all of the data is from when he was 3.5 in his first preschool (montessori). He had aggression issues then as well as a lot of tantrum behavior. Like any child he has changed a lot in 2 years and his current issues are quite different. He also has not been aggressive at all for 2 months now. There was a slow taper over the past year and now the aggression is completely absent.

On the BASC II I actually rated him worse than his teacher overall! When I mentioned during the meeting that he behaves quite well at home they said the BASC I filled out didn't show that. I pointed out that I filled it out for all environments and I was not told that I should only include the home environment. He has a lot of at risk and clinically significant areas, but oddly his teacher and I didn't tend to agree on which areas were the problem areas. Also, the whole scale is subjective. Everyone has a different idea of what is acceptable levels of behavior and what constitutes frequently, seldom, or never (or 1-5 scale, or whatever system they use on this scale, I can't remember).

So, is this what is normally included in present levels? Is it adequate to insist that he begin school in a self contained classroom?

edit: I would like to point out that the school psych who did the cognitive testing was not the same as the nasty lady who did the "fba". The tester seemed pretty nice and was rather positive about my son.

Also, the 3 pages of strategies that I gave them are in this section, pretty much so that they can say that they included them in the IEP. Very little of it appears in section V or VI (goals section or program modifications). Section VI D for gifted services is entirely blank.

Last edited by PanzerAzelSaturn; 07/24/15 09:08 AM.