panzer, I can't add anything to DeeDee's advice - she's covered the bases and covered them very well smile The one and only thing I would suggest is re the meeting date. I know how frustrating it is to *not* be able to meet over summer, but as DeeDee mentioned, chances are the full suite of staff needed for the meeting aren't working over the summer. It's a *good* thing that they've given you a date of the first day of school for the IEP meeting! You could ask for something the day or two before school starts (because most staff should be working a few days prior to the first day of school - otoh, they may be very busy with other meetings/etc). Anyway... fwiw... let's suppose you take that first day of school meeting. I think you could consider keeping your child out of school that day (and possibly longer) until the IEP team has mutually agreed on the appropriate classroom placement. We've done just that when we had a 504 disagreement over a medical issue with one of our children in early elementary, and it was an effective strategy for getting everyone at the school to get moving toward an appropriate solution smile Just to be sure, I wouldn't do it without consulting with a local advocate first, but in your position, it's something I'd consider.

Best wishes,

polarbear