"From what I remember the law is behind you about moving to the regular class. If a parent requests it they MUST put a child is the least restrictive environment. Is there anyway to get him tested again for ASD privately before school starts. Although I'm confused by the organization that says "(ASD subsumes ADHD)". People often wonder if my son is ASD (he is borderline) but not one psychologist has considered my son ADHD or wanted to put him on meds for it. While it's true he can have both they don't always go hand in hand."

And just to very quickly respond to this before heading to bed... I'm pretty sure the DSM says that you cannot diagnose ADHD and autism at the same time. Some clinicians do so anyway when it is clear they are distinct conditions in the same child. ADHD symptoms are considered to be a normal part of ASD. When you consider the idea that ASD is a pervasive development disorder and the idea that it means that there are pervasive delays, or delays across the board, then it makes sense that delays in attention or self control would be covered by an ASD diagnosis. Like I said, some Dr's believe that to be true and some believe that a child can have both as separate conditions. Our dev peds follow the DSM guidelines quite strictly.