Originally Posted by aquinas
Economics is the study of the allocation of scarce resources, one of which is labour.
Yes, however there is not a scarcity of labor... this is the raison d'être for the video. Helping the new generation of students begin planning now to increase the odds that they will not be unemployed/underemployed or invest time and money in "any" degree which they may learn after-the-fact is not applicable to their strengths and/or to positions available in the job market.

I am using a standard model from basic economic theory to disprove
Mathematical models change over time, and may not be a good "fit" for every situation. I have questioned whether it is a good "fit" here.
the author's underlying assumptions about how labour looks in equilibrium particularly the idea that post-secondary credentialing will exist in fixed ratios across industries, regions, and time.
Not that post-secondary credentialing will exist in fixed ratios (as though the production of degrees is being limited/controlled), but that the job market calls for skills in a ratio of 1:2:7. Regions were not discussed, and the time span discussed was 80 years.

I'd rather not write a textbook on the thread, as that is tangential to its purpose. smile
If we could see that the model was a good "fit" for the video, the model would be on-topic. smile
The 1:2:7 ratio (whose source he cited) may not be correct, but the model you've introduced does not seem to prove it false.

If we are to believe he is advocating educational programming be tailored to his prescribed ratio, then students will be trained in a way that is inappropriate to the opportunities that exist for them upon completion of their studies.
I do not believe that he has advocated for educational programming to be tailored to a ratio (ie: limit/control the number of each type of degree which can be conferred), rather he has suggested what course of action consumers in a free market may most benefit from personally. He has clearly advocated for empowering consumers with information so that their enrollment choices in post-secondary programs are as market-linked as possible. Some may say you agree, at least in part, with his recommendations.