Originally Posted by indigo
I'm trying to understand your basis for introducing the list of factors you mentioned, as a means of discrediting the author of the video (and/or discrediting the list of sources cited by the author), as "baseless". How are the list of factors you mentioned implied/assumed by the author and/or his cited sources?

Economics is the study of the allocation of scarce resources, one of which is labour. I am using a standard model from basic economic theory to disprove the author's underlying assumptions about how labour looks in equilibrium, particularly the idea that post-secondary credentialing will exist in fixed ratios across industries, regions, and time. If we are to believe he is advocating educational programming be tailored to his prescribed ratio, then students will be trained in a way that is inappropriate to the opportunities that exist for them upon completion of their studies.

I hope this answers your question. If not, I'd be happy to refer you to some resources in PM that might explain the underlying models in more detail. I'd rather not write a textbook on the thread, as that is tangential to its purpose. smile

What is to give light must endure burning.