As usual, I agree with you OMA! May I emphasize that you agree that perhaps after the interview you may say something you may want to take back!
Therein lies the problem, once it's printed and/or in cyberspace; you can't.

Perhaps I've been unduly harsh towards the parents. If so, I'm sorry.
It is true I am very opinionated concerning certain matters. So in the spirit of supportiveness toward's Magnus's family, I will dispense this totally unsolicited advice:

wink

Edit you website. There is too much specific and personal information about your son. Between that and the news reports, I could track down your address by the end of the day. And believe me, I'm the least scary person that could end up at your doorstep.

Refuse any more press inquiries. They general press has no interest in portraying your family in a realistic light. Their job is to sell commercials, not to disperse pertinent and worthwhile information. If you ignore them they will go away. They have a short attention span and will be off in search of their next rubberneck story.

You are right to support and nurture you son's amazing gifts and talents. He is a remarkable young man and every child is a precious gift. Personally, I would protect his privacy and find others like yourself to rally around your family and support you and him. I suspect there are precious few who will be able to do this objectively. Allow him to develop and grow into the remarkable person he is on track to become. Then he may stand as an example of how important the environment is for a child with extreme learning needs.
Additionally, as an adult he will be developmentally more readily able to withstand the pressure and attacks that come with taking a stand on such a politically charged issue, like genius.

A lot of brilliant well-meaning people are going to give you lots of advice on how to best support your son.
Be discriminating.

Apply to Davidson for assistance if you think it would be helpful to Magnum, if you haven't done so already.

Peace,
Neato