Yeah, I agree.

I understand what Austin and others are saying. Of all people we should be empathetic concerning people's judgement and misunderstanding of a kid that's so far ahead.

And we may have the wrong info.

But based on the info we have:

The numerous television shows and that bizarre website..........

Okay, let's take the website, for example.

Now I know the kid's birthdate, where he lives and where he hangs out. Assuming the info the parent posted isn't false; I now have enough information to track that kid down. Besides that; with some remedial computer skills, his birthdate and school district I can get a whole lot more info on him.

Forgive me, but what are the parents thinking?

They are not simply supporting the kid. They are outing him and an eight year old has no understanding of the implications of that, I don't care how brilliant he is.

This publicity stunt is all about the parents not the kid.

So yes we, can say the child is brilliant and his talent should be supported and nurtured.

And yes, we can also assume based on the info at hand that the parent is seeking publicity about his child's brilliance based on his own needs, or the child would have created the website ON HIS OWN! And called the t.v. studio ON HIS OWN, and the interview question would be TO THE CHILD, not answered by the father.

So it is my humble and non-professional opinion that the parent is putting the child at severe risk for some major maladjustment difficulties.

Okay, maybe not humble, I do have a strong opinion about this. And of course I think I'm right which isn't very humble at all.
smile