Originally Posted by Loy58
Yet despite completely different strengths and weaknesses, they have remarkably similar FSIQs and GAIs.

Really, I'd love to see more studies on HG+ kiddos to sort through all of this.

My kids too--really weird. I don't remember my daughter's scores (primarily because she hasn't caused a lot of chaos, yet) but my oldest son had 165 processing speed vs. my younger son's 100. Still all three of have essentially same FSIQ: 144, 146, 143 respectively. I think that is just bizarre.

My oldest is terribly impulsive, has transient tic disorder since age 6, ADHD (impulsive type), and then developed seizures that were very strange in presentation. He also was highly successful all the way through high school (high GPA, high ACT), I think mostly bc it didn't require much of him to succeed.

My younger son, with the relatively slow processing speed is an entirely different story. He has ADHD (inattentive) and has developed no strategies as of yet to address the EF issues.

I wonder how many people have kids with the same FSIQ? I have always been kind of secretly proud of this. Not the actual score, but the fact they are all the same and it seems so anomalous. This is not the sort of thing to discuss in polite company, though.