Huge thank you, polarbear.

polarbear, I have scheduled a follow-up meeting with the OT. She will not be there in the initial meeting. I will follow your line of questioning.

Our parent advocate was the person who was able to let us know - it was the school stalling on us when we were seeking an IEP, and ds' specific school had a history of not wanting to provide services. I could have read advice on online forums all day and night for years and never really had it sink in that our school was stonewalling us (even though other online folks were quick to point it out without having any local knowledge). Having that local resource with that type of information was incredibly helpful. Our parent advocate also gave us a lot of the terminology and assists with how to approach advocacy based on what we were facing from our specific school (and personalities at the school) which helped us advocate successfully. If there's any chance you have a similar resource near you, I'd look into it and ask these same questions there.

Also, yes, on the parent advocate. I am thinking that we need help if we are unable to get anywhere in the initial meeting. It is more logistics, than anything else, that we are not able to get a parent advocate for the initial meeting. Sometimes I think it is okay, but certain other times, panic sets in.

Also, I don't know the name of the movement test, but I will find out.

The key is - you know your ds has unusually large awkward handwriting. You know he had a large discrepancy in processing speed scores on the WISC (unless I've confused your ds with someone else's ds - and if I have, please just ignore me lol!). Those are both red flags for dysgraphia, whether or not anyone from the school is insisting everything is "fine".

No, you are right -- you haven't confused my DS with someone else's. I was looking over the reports again, and I find that the neuropsych, and OT's remarks match a lot. At some point,I will go back to the neuropsych and furnish the OT's test results (it was one of my things to do). I, unfortuanately, did not get any more information on the Beery test.