My son's school has received and accepted the private eval results, and are only doing those tests that the neuropsych/we have requested for. The school did state that they need to do their own evaluation, and only then offer services through an IEP (if he qualifies). Otherwise, they will just offer him a 504.

Our IEP meeting is soon coming up. I was wondering if it is possible that the school's eval results can be different from the neuropsych's eval results. For example, the school seems to think my DS has ADHD, while the neuropsych has indicated he has Aspergers and is gifted. The school also seems to think his social skills are fine, just that he's somewhat inconsistent with applying those skills (I have specifically asked for this service; the neuropsych's report also indicates the need for this service).

It looks very likely that the school may just offer him a 504. I am just not sure that this will be enough. My child's report cards (as far as academic grades are concerned) are pretty good, even though he is 2e, and this is brought up as an example that he does not need support. My belief (and my understanding from talking to my child) is that the report cards are good because he already knows all the material. Writing, by far, is his weakest area, but he seems to be doing his best (his writing ideas are good, handwriting/organization of those ideas need a lot of improvement), and his teacher thinks he is fine.

How do you navigate this -- the school thinks he's doing well academically, but lacks consistency in social skills. Yet, all they can offer is a 504. My child usually does really well with evaluators, unless he is ill or something. My question is: is a 504 enough ?

Advice, suggestions appreciated.