I told everyone at DS7's IEP meeting that he says he doesn't like school and no one seemed that concerned. One person said it sounds like a typical boy thing. I said "maybe, but if I pulled him out right now and said 'we're done with this school' he would happily pack up his stuff and never look back." I know the reason why he doesn't like school is because he finds most of the other kids annoying and the work to be a waste of time and not interesting. But it's hard to say that without insulting the teacher. I think DS would be unenthusiastic going just about anywhere unless he could study/do what he wants all day long. So there's probably no school that would make him completely happy, although I think he has a point in that probably 50-75 percent of what he is "learning" is at the wrong level and a waste for him. Right now the special ed teacher (of all people, since they don't work with gifted kids here) is looking into pulling him out for math and having him work at his own pace in her room. He already tested/passed out of second grade math so no one can really put up a big fight about it.