Good Luck, just to clarify I was telling you what I did for my DD to give you perspective. I'm not necessary recommending this for you, it's hard for me to say what's best for your DD. If I were you I would certainly look around and check out all the other educational options. My daughter didn't have a 'tutor' she saw an Educational Therapist who specialized in reading & language disorders. This was someone who had a PhD and had studied reading & language problems. I didn't tell her what to do with my daughter, she looked at her test results and did some testing on her own and made an individual plan for my daughter. Initially it was working on her reading skills, and eventually focused more on her writing. Mostly she had her only plan and only worked on 'homework' when it was incorporating parsing the book they were reading in English or something similar. My daughter had problems with reading comprehension, and she worked mostly with non-fiction sources to get my daughter to look at every single work and parse out meaning.

I know what this kind of thing is like to tackle. I've only recently had my son labeled '2E' and as he already in H.S. and I wish my interventions could help faster. But even if your daughter's dyslexia is 'mild' I doubt this will just be a intensive one-year she will be back on track kind of thing. While you might be able to get her back on track that way, my experience is this kind of thing affects the long haul.