I agree with snowgirl that many of your concerns seem to reflect learning style issues rather than dominance issues. I have a left-handed, extremely linear and verbal kid, who at 7.5 is still confused about which hand to use for various activities and has great control with either. He's never been clumsy, is quite athletic, and we're worried because it seems like he'll never get really good at the sports he likes without choosing a side. After a day of tennis camp, the coaches said he had to go left-handed. Two days later, the coaches said he couldn't serve left-handed and he should play right. Poor kid doesn't know what to do and switches all the time without even realizing it. He plays golf left-handed, basketball right handed, and he throws with his right hand. He's great at math, has some musical talent, and he draws like a two-year old -- it's painful to watch!! He taught himself to write by about three and he writes quite well and he's never reversed letters and spelled at adult level by 5 or so.

He's not a visual-spatial kid and doesn't love puzzles, doesn't "see" like some kids and has been tested with lots of verbal strengths but less well on spatial things. He's my least v-s kid and the other two with more spatial strengths have had strong right-hand preferences from toddler age. I share this just for information because not choosing a hand doesn't necessarily indicate spatial strengths and verbal/text weaknesses.

I think dominance is quite a confusing topic. For many things (i.e. epilepsy surgery, recovery from brain injury, etc.) it matters most whether language is centered in the right or left hemisphere, but that doesn't depend on handedness much. For RH people, language is left brain about 99% of the time (numbers vary according to what you read). For LH people, language is *still* in the left brain for about 75-95% of people (again depending on which study you are reading). That makes me feel like the "dominance" language isn't especially useful and I like learning style description better. Your son sounds like a v-s type learner who may need extra help with text. My most v-s type kid did reverse letters and learned to read much more slowly than my more linear type kids.