Lori, you raise a very good point, and there just isn't any research yet. I think they're trying to get some together; but I had a hard time getting point blank answers even from Dr. Miller herself, in terms of explaining exactly how it works. Basically, she said, it has to do with neuroplasticity, and I guess the order of activities is important. The Star Center believes very strongly in doing the OT intensively, often along with listening therapy to further facilitate changes. They think it's much more efficient way to effect changes than the more traditional one-per-week therapy schedule. We did a 20-session program but it was 3x per week for a month, then a month off, then 2x per week, and that was it. Done. I know it helped my kids, but I watched every session and I have a hard time seeing why, except perhaps for the listening therapy portion (which is essentially mozart taken apart by frequency). It is a real shame that there isn't more in print, explaining how it works in a very clear way. In my view, it is a gamble (and it's not cheap) since I doubt it helps everyone. We got lucky, I guess. Here is something new I noticed on the website but I haven't had time to read it http://www.netnewsdesk.com/SPDFoundation/index.cfm?PID=897&ID=4041,14387,14287