OHGrandma, I think you are right, all those things your GS is already doing are great for him, so keep it up! I'm sure the calves are playing a wonderful role!

We're planning to start piano this summer (gee I thought I was so clever for thinking of it myself a few weeks ago, for getting the left and right brains working together, for processing speed, for auditory processing, and for fine motor; and now here I keep seeing posts mentioning piano, ha!). The kids sound excited about it - I hope they stay excited after we start. If there's time, besides swimming and piano I'm hoping to have them do riding lessons this summer as well. I just have to find the right place; there are several near us. It'll be hectic with a new baby, but I have a teenager lined up to help me.

Lori, was it hard for your son to learn piano? was practice frustrating, etc.? I'm just wondering what is in store for us - how great of a challenge will it be to get them started on piano - I'm a little nervous that I'm going to put a lot of money into something that will just make my life harder on a daily basis (trying to get them to practice). I came across an interesting article on teaching piano to left-handers that incorporates visual-spatial principles http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2493/is_6_55/ai_n16598103
smile