Same! My 3 years old doesn't enjoy to play with his friends, except only one boy, who is very smart and also like to say joke and very gentle, no pushing, taking his toys, etc. We do always have playdate with other kids, as i am lucky to have 4 other friends to have babies in the same year. However, my son doesn't like to play with them, as they like to run around, take his toys, push him, making noise (they all like him a lot, but u know, they are just kids) so my son always ask for going back home during the play date. Right until last week, my son did enjoy play with one of the girl he doesn't like to play with before. I think the reason is that the girl finally can sit still to play, and finally have some imaginative play, and doesn't mess up what he is playing.
Other parents may always think that it is the problem of my son that he has poor social skill, but I finally find out actually it is the problem of the other kids that is not "mature" to play with. (Sorry to say that) Or I should say gifted kid should find some gifted kid to play with for their advanced thinking/playing need.

Did you observe any social skill problem when your DS has playdate? My son's psychologist teach my son to ask questions e.g."do u want xxx?" "May I play?" "It's my turn", etc.

Portia, may I ask how and where to test for vision processing issues? is it included in normal vision test? Thanks.