I wanted to re-visit this as my son has gotten further along in Dreambox and I'm starting to wonder exactly how much I should be adding to it. (We homeschool.)

He's just about "finished first grade" according to the parent dashboard. A lot of it, I can see that he gets the concept, but could probably use more practice. These areas are getting marked off as "100% completed". With each game, the number has only gone up to maybe 6. (where each number is a little harder) He's rarely had to repeat a section. Do you think that kids who don't "get" it repeat each level more? Do their numbers go up higher than 6, showing they've done a lot more repetition?

For example, when it comes to using the math racks and making equal equations where you show that 7+8=10+5, my son was able to do it, but I'm not sure that he was full grasping that you're manipulating the math racks (adding 3 to the top bar and simultaneously taking 3 off the bottom one to get 10 and 5). Instead, he was adding 7+8, then building 15. Does that make sense? His method works in the cases where he'd memorized the math facts, but not when he didn't already know the answer. It's clear that he needs more practice doing that, but it's now marked as "completed".