Originally Posted by blackcat
Thank you. I looked at Amazon but they were super expensive. I would want to at least try it before spending that much money. Wish the library had it. I think for the time being I'll supplement more with Khan Academy (where at least I can go in a logical order and the concepts are explained verbally!) and also take pieces out of Singapore Math. Unfortunately I have 3rd and 5th grade but not 4th and it's probably 4th I need at this point.

blackcat- I would describe Beast Academy as "nice to have" but it's not for everyone. In fact, some parents of gifted kids say that they don't like it at all. I always plug Singapore math only because it hits the sweet spot for my particular DS.
My thing with math (as a former math student with some serious math anxiety) is that both the hard skills and analysis should be present in elementary school math. I developed math anxiety from what I realize now was a "logic leap" into middle school algebra. If a program has both the calculation and applied problems *and* is challenging (the applied problems actually require some thinking) then it's probably a good curriculum. For me, that's Singapore math supplemented by ixl/Kumon.