I'm curious to hear other's thoughts, too. DS5 zipped through K to half way through second grade during the free trial. He likes it, so I decided to try it for a month. DS did some Singapore Math in the past and was getting bored with it (and trying to teach himself multiplication to keep up with his older sister, which I was trying to stop until he was actually ready! Eeeek!). DS does seem to like math, and is a very advanced reader. Although I think DS is pretty good at math, I have also wondered whether Dreambox's assessments are accurate as to grade.

I do notice that concepts of time, money, and geometry seem to be missing from Dreambox. I also think we will need to go back and do some "paper math" soon and appreciate hearing what others have used. Still, I am rather amazed at what DS is learning to do in his head. He does feel a sense of accomplishment to see his progress on Dreambox and this fuels him to do more.

How old is your DS? I do think it is completely possible that he is gifted (your description of his reading ability would point to probably "yes!"), but I think I might look for additional data points (aside from just Dreambox) while you are trying to figure this out.

All the best to you and your DS!

Last edited by Loy58; 03/23/14 07:49 AM. Reason: clarity