Our son (6.8) had similar problems using the computer mouse so for a while I sat next to him and he would show me/point on the screen and I would use the computer mouse to move items for him. I did complain to Dreambox because this was the set of games that really relied most heavily on "computer-mouse-skills" and it is a game intended for relatively young students. Now, we don't have similar problems anymore but for younger students it is a benefit (I think) to use Dreambox on a touch screen (needs Flash though.
The games are still fun for our son but I do feel that we need to add "math on paper" and we are using MathMammoth grade 3-4 for that. He has so far flied through MathMammoth also as he has already practiced the concepts in Dreambox. We are now considering taking a break from Dreambox and instead trying EPGY over the summer as a way to revise what he has done so far. EPGY does not seem nearly as fun but we don't want our son to move too fast forward, it is more important that he has strong foundations before moving into grade 5-6.
We did also do a free web-based test last week using MathWhizz (a program which we considered before getting Dreambox) indicating that our son's math age is about 10 (end of grade 4) which is in line with his Dreambox progress. All in all we are more and more convinced that we need to prepare for grade 5-6 math starting next year when our son enters grade 2.