Thanks for the empathy and the advice. So far we haven't had the district superintendent involved since last May, when we were advocating for early first grade. Hopefully we won't have to go any further than him, but I will find out who the person would be higher up, just in case.

I am still waiting for the principal to get back to me about a time that hub and I can review the Saxon curriculum at the school. Funny thing, DS came home yesterday and said that his math teacher gave him a test - only him. He said it was easy, that the only question he didn't know asked him to color in the centimeters and he didn't know what a centimeter is (we've only done inches, darn!). So apparently they are doing some pretesting that we didn't know about.

Good news, DS is pretty happy with the rest of school right now. Reading has been bumped up to some lengthier books with some plot to them and he is enjoying them. He actually likes doing the comprehension questions, too. And he says he LOVES it when they do science and social studies stuff. So, at least there's some good going on. Perhaps that's why he is calmer and more agreeable to going to school lately.

I'm getting anxious for the meeting as well. DS knows we are meeting and he says he can't wait for us to get him some "hard math." Here's hoping it goes well!