Thanks for the support. Obviously I need it!
I just got off the phone with the regional board of education office. I had been referred to the gifted coordinator for our county. Diana, you are so right. In IL they have cut funding, so that person doesn't even exist any more. The person I spoke to at that office referred me to IAGC. I'll email her again! And my husband and I joined IAGC and will be attending the parent workshops in Chicago on 2/4 - hoping to network and get some names to drop later! At least maybe some good resources and allies!

My plan right now is to go in to our meeting with a list of options. I have them roughed out already. I'm including resources and methods for differentiating the math curriculum for him. I'm going to stay hopeful. I have been advocating for children in the educational system for about 15 years now, so I know the politics and the protocol and way to "guide the team" so to speak. I have just learned now, first hand, how hard it is to do this for your own child! Much easier to keep that mother bear in check when I'm being the professional advocating for someone else's child, though even then I become outraged at some of the things that happen.

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted on what goes on for us.