Originally Posted by HoosierMommy
My parents didn't really do much about it at all, to be honest. It was just understood that DB was the athletic one and I was the "smart" one in school.

LOL - they did enough! 'No action' sends loud and clear messages. My guess is that you feel DB got cheated and are mortified that your DD might play a role in replaying that situation in the next generation. That's what I would be feeling anyway. If you've never been able to talk to DB about your perceptions of things, that is a good place to start. He may have had totally different motivations for his underachievement - such as wanting to be popular. Maybe he picked up how isolated you were by your choices and wanted something different? ((I'm guessing here that the feelings of not being able to tell anyone about your DD without being accused of bragging have echo's of your own school experiences - and that's just a wild guess, but again - it true of my own experience.))

Anyway - I'm glad you aren't crazy, and I don't expect you do go crazy anytime soon!
Giggle -
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com