Thanks for sharing polarbearand Camom. Strangely DS seemed to be actually advanced as an infant. I have a photo of him standing on his own holding onto the couch when he was 4 months old and he could sit up well before 6 months, was walking well before he turned 1. He was actually more advanced than DD. He seemed somewhat low tone in his upper body but not lower. Then between 1 and 2, motor development seemed to stop. When other kids started jumping/hopping around age 2, he couldn't do that at all. Same thing with speech--it started at a normal time but didn't develop. But cognitively he was doing well and could put together puzzles, disassemble things, etc. Sometimes I wonder if it was something environmental or related to all of the problems with his ears (basically, he was always sick and had constant fluid). Or whether it was (and still is) just really uneven brain development. We'll probably never know. I keep hoping that at some point we see a big spurt and he will "outgrow" the DCD but it will probably always be there to some extent.