Polarbear nailed it as always, but I wanted to add a few things. First off, in our experience it is important to note that working memory related to DCD is not necessarily the same as working memory on the WISC. My DS's working memory score is his highest and because his VCI, WMI and pri are all in the 140s, it is even more difficult for him because his processing speed score is in the 90s and dropping rapidly. His coding raw score hasn't changed in four years, and he essentially writes the same speed and neatness at 11 that he did at 6.

Also, Polarbear is totally correct- we did OT as well. And while he did learn to cut a steak without flinging it onto the table, and he can now button a shirt, it is slow as molasses and like a new experience every time. If ANY variable changes- different plate, different knife etc- the whole thing hs to start from the beginning.

PT did help with balance and gait, and that seemed to stick longer because his core muscles got stronger. But anytime he is lazy or if he gets sick and misses several days of exercise it starts to fade again.

Our neuropsych helped explain that his handwriting will probably never get better and he needed to learn to type. She said that each letter has to be drawn, that it isn't automatic and likely never will be. She likened it to learning Chinese characters and having to really think about each line, each time.

I am mobile without bookmarks, but our very best information came from Canchild in Canada. They have a huge document for changes a school can make, ways to help at home and what to expect at different ages.