N., what do you mean by "we were told we have enough to diagnose dyspraxia" but "have not formerly had the diagnosis"? Has a professional told you there's "enough" for a diagnosis, or other parents?

Sensory issues can definitely be a part of dyspraxia, as well as processing. I'd also put a small caveat out there to watch for - my dyspraxic ds also made great strides in handwriting when working with an OT in 3rd grade, but it didn't take away the dysgraphia he has (which I believe is associated with his DCD). Once he'd had OT and had legible handwriting his teachers thought dysgraphia was no longer an issue simply because they could now read his handwriting - yet there was still a HUGE difference in his ability to express himself fully through written expresssion, spell, use correct grammar etc if he used AT as opposed to handwriting.

With coordination, a lot of what has helped our dyspraxic ds is simply repeat repeat repeat. And then repeat again. He gets things - eventually. Sometimes he forgets things he's finally learned too - it took him until 4th grade to learn how to tie his shoes (and he'd worked at it steadfastly for years and was soooo happy when he figured it out!). Then we went on spring break and he only wore his pull-on snow boots for a full week, and by the end of that week he'd forgotten how to tie shoes and had to learn all over again.

Irena, thanks so much for posting the link - I'll be very interested in following the study and seeing what comes from it!

polarbear