in loco parentis used to be a thing. No more, however.

I'm with Jon. And raptor-dad. Well, and Dude and Old Dad, too, come to that.

I really doubt that a sorority is a good idea for dd in any event... but it's not like I can just TELL her "nope, not happening."

As others have noted. I could I suppose, but it wouldn't get me very far. So nobody should worry that I'm going to either take her bar-hopping myself or lock her in the basement.

Just wanted to get some idea of where other parents would be on this one, and why. This is helpful.

Also-- unspoken rule on forums like this one? Only PARENTS are really supposed to aggregate post-specific or thread-specific tidbits which are semi-identifying regarding their own minor children. It's the only way that such a community can function-- those things are semi-identifying by nature when you're dealing with parenting outliers. Nowhere is this more true than with 2e children, which is why most of us here are SO careful what we put in one post. To make a wide variety of detail/unique features searchable about someone else's child is considered very uncool, and ultimately results in parents gutting the history of the forum in an effort to protect their kids from it, which helps no one, long term. It's a netiquette thing which is particular to parenting forums. I've said something to Mark about this.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.