Thank you. I will tell my husband who is a Vietnam vet, a former army first sergeant, very strong and extremely smart. High intelligence was a job requirement for what he did in the army. I met some of this small group of people that he once worked with in Vietnam. They all seemed scary smart.

He believes what he is doing is important and so do I. My son and I sometimes go with him to visit veterans centers, but we follow him in the car. We had the opportunity to talk to people who served in World War II and some of their stories are very interesting but it is hard to understand some of them when they speak. I think my son's experience with his grandmother helps him figure out what they are trying to say. That intuition of his is definitely an asset here and the fact that my son loves military history helps also.

You would think a former army first sergeant might insist that his son do everything he is asked to do in VBS in spite of the disability, but he doesn't. He is very supportive of his son and considerate of his feelings. I think my husband would have been a very good teacher and in fact, he was chosen for this last supervisory job because he has the ability to watch people and see how they learn best and then teach to their learning style. He was never trained as a teacher. He just uses his intelligence and common sense.