Have you had an IQ test done?

I am struggling with the same issues with my first grader. We had grade accelerated his older sister when she was in kindergarten. So she is now 7 (almost 8) and in third grade. Since she has an Oct. birthday she is close to the Sept. 1 cut-off and that made it more palatable. How close is your DD to the cut-off?
I will say that DD has ADHD and even with that, being in the next highest grade is still too easy for her. She is scoring around the 98th-99th percentile on achievement tests even after being grade accelerated.

There was a possibly to SUBJECT accelerate her, basically keep her in the correct grade and have her go down the hall to the next highest grade level for math and/or reading, but the principal said that it would be complicated and we might as well just move her up a grade for everything. My DS currently in 1st grade is advanced for both math and reading, but according to his IQ and his non-verbal score being so much higher, I think it is math he will shine in over the long term. So I am asking about subject accelerating him just for math.

The teacher said she can give him higher level math in the first grade classroom but she has been saying that 6 weeks now and nothing is happening.

Hope this helps (it probably doesn't).