Thank you both for your help.

I've just completed volunteer training and I'm working with the teacher now to get on a regular schedule for volunteering, so that's in the works.

I emailed the GT teacher for additional information on his CogAT scores. I've only received the percentiles and I'd like the raw data, although I'm not sure if that information would be helpful or not. I asked her if an IQ test had been done and she replied that the CogAT was an IQ test. This gives me pause because everything I've read says the CogAT is not an IQ test.

The GT kids receive two enrichment activities in the regular classroom daily. What I'm learning now is that enrichment and acceleration are two very different things. I'd like to see him challenged with second grade math and reading if that is his instructional level.

My son is very social and loves school. He is enthusiastic about answering questions in class and got in "trouble" last year for answering out-of-turn. I don't think he complains about any of it because he likes being right and it's easy to be right when everything you encounter is easy. At some point, he has to bump up against a challenge and learn how to navigate that.

St Pauli Girl, thanks for asking questions. You've helped me clarify what I actually want.