Yup, sounds like GT denial to me. DYS numbers on verbal still counts, you know! smile

My DS has DYS numbers for PRI but not for verbal. Doesn't matter. One of the two is all it takes. And FWIW, his math scores were his lowest scores on the WJ-3 achievement test. He seems like a highly verbal kid, though his PRI would seem to indicate that math should be his strength. Also FWIW, our DS does seem to me to be a natural-born engineer, so when he gets to more conceptual math, I think he's going to really dig into it. He's not a big fan of computation either, just like your son. For that reason, homeschooling seems to be working pretty well for him. I'm able to do more conceptual stuff so as to keep his love for math learning alive. Killing that love before he gets to the higher math and engineering stuff is my greatest fear. I have my bad days, but I'm sure I'm doing better about keeping it alive than the public school did.

BTW, in an IQ test, boredom with the easy questions and interest in the hard ones is a good sign that you have an HG+ child on your hands. I'm just sayin'... wink

How your DS does on the WJ-3 might surprise you. When our DS took it, it certainly surprised me! If your son is doing algebra, he's *way* ahead of what our DS was doing, and still our DS scored at the DYS-level or above on 3 of the 4 broad areas that DYS looks at. Math was the only one he was below on, and he missed that by just one point, with no real effort on our part or the school's part to challenge him in math. (I'm verbal, so the verbal challenge stuff came naturally to me. Math...not so much!) Anyway, your son is young enough that just because he hasn't gotten it at school, it doesn't mean he's not getting it. You know?

I suspect you're going to have to admit that you're "one of us" sooner rather than later... grin

And thanks for the book rec. smile I'm a big believer in exercise, especially for kids!

Kriston