"When the school staff insisted that dysgraphia (if it did exist) wasn't impacting ds in the classroom, I showed the split between his WJ-III Achievement Scores - if you plot the subtest scores on the y-axis vs type of subtest on the x-axis, my ds' subtests split into three groups - one high-scoring group which matches his IQ level, one group that is around 30 percentile points lower, and another group that is significantly lower than that. The difference between the groups is in the type of response. The high scores are subtests that have oral responses. The middle scores are subtests that have written responses but are untimed. The low scores are subtests that have written responses and are also timed. That one graph was something the school couldn't argue. (Note: they still tried to not give accommodations, but the graph usually shut down the argument that handwriting didn't impact ds)."

I haven't figure out the quote boxes, yet, but this is from polarbear's page 1 response.

Polarbear could you point me to where I can find the WJ-III information for which subtests fall into which catagories? The chart is a brilliant idea and since I have all of DS7's subtests I'd like to borrow the idea for future school meetings!

Mary'sthere, I love how you schooled the school - I hope it helps.