I truly believe that my DS will be much more independent in time with computers/laptop/ect (this is what happened with my DH in around the 4th grade). Once he can type well I think people/staff will feel better that he is independent and not being coddled or short-changed or whatever. The school psych put this in her report, God bless her, that he will most likely transition to using accommodations such as a computer.

As an aside, I got a folder sent home of DS's assessments (tests) - math and reading(in prep for progress reports being issued this friday). He did really well - "Strongly in place" (highest grade you can get) and "highly proficient" in all of his tests/assessments. Even his Diebels were high, and reading assessments were high, etc.) He did phenomenally in math. He either only got one wrong (sometimes because he went the wrong way in an equation frown LOL it's like he was Japanese, or whatever culture it is that goes from right to left, in a former life LOL) or got all of the questions right. Most of the tests were scribed. The ones he wrote himself all of his numbers were reversed. All of them. But he still got the operations correct.

Last edited by marytheres; 03/13/13 08:44 AM.