Originally Posted by incogneato
Intersting Debbie, DD5 is currently working with a child psyd. for OE's. I am suspecting more and more there are some SI issues at play.
Thanks for listing all the valuable resources.

Neato - I think that for (Many) HG/PG kids at least, there isn't a difference between OE and SI issues. The difference is that SI issues have interventions aimed at relieving the issues, and the OE model focuses on the adults being understanding and not creating extra issues. Be for I learned about SI stuff, I unawarely did all the OE interventions because I remembered my own childhood, and had observed my family members. Then I learned about SI and DS11 got 6 month is treatment, which helped tremendously. I often am so glad that I 'bumped' into the SI literature before I found the OE literature, but I suspect that if I had read the OE literature I would have patted myself on the back for compensating so well, and just 'tried to live with' the issues.

I think of DS as having OE Issues that responded well to SI interventions. Right now he's on the school Lacrosse team - playing goalie. He gets to put on the heavy tight protective gear AND get hit by the those hard balls. Talk about Modulation - that addresses the over and the under SIs all at once!

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com