Hi Idaho,
It was very interesting to read your post. Your DD sounds alot like my brother. My brother eventually took himself out of school and homeschooled himself. He used alot of online tools and really indiviualized it. He was highschool aged and was able to create his own program by using an online charter school and a kind of independent study where he could study what he was into and then write about it at his own pace or do online discussions. He graduated on time which by this point was a big deal because he finished a couple of years of schooling in several months. He is now in collage and doing very well, although for certain classes he has to take a lighter class load. He had alot of the same sensory issues and processing issues. I took a collage class with him and durring exams he was always in testing way way longer than anyone else, but he always had the high score. I remember when he was a kid, the school said he was ADHD and put him on ritalin. He reacted pretty badly, and used to cheek the stuff and pass it to me to toss. The school said he was so much better on the drugs, but he was never really on them. I used to have long in depth conversations with him about shows he would watch on the Discovery or the History channel when he was like 7 or 8. Then he would go to school where he was in a special ED room most of the day coloring and they could not figure out why he kept running away from school. Anyway, I think it is wonderful that you are so interested in helping him find a good fit. How lucky a child is to have someone who understands them and works to change things. I hope you find a good fit.

Last edited by skyward; 05/01/08 06:29 PM.