I think she is allowed to have her experiences,they are hers after all. She works in a magnet school and probably truly knows kids labeled gifted incorrectly. I believe with the way schools are run in the east many kids are probably labeled incorrectly. I bet there are quite a few assigned non gifted who didn't test well at 5 and quite a few that did test well at 5 and are not highly gifted in the way she would think. I have a son that tested extremely high but I take it with a grain of salt it doesn't matter how he tests. The true test is time as to wether he levels out or not. I di believe a parent can do harm assuming a idea of who a child is at 5 is how they will always be. However I think the sensitivity we feel as parents comes from knowing our kids think different and need additional support and many old fashion educators have a incorrect picture of what gifted looks like, and what support a gifted child needs. I am simply saying from where she lives and her life experiences she might be slightly jaded on the subject. In reality parents prepping for iq tests and forcing the gifted label is truly more the issue and hurts those with true gifted children that need services.