How NBC news this morning described why a judge will treat Lindsey Lohan worse because she hit somebody, even if that somebody was just looking for her 15 minutes of fame:
"You should know better because you should know that you're a target."

It's always been, "you should have known better because you're the one who's smarter so you're more at fault." Makes me mad. I hear that almost Every. Single. Problem. I've ever had with anybody ever. I was told that about a teacher too, around your son's age. And different people say it. It's a obvious thing to say, I guess. With problems that other people start I dig in and don't like to let go- duh, they won't quit causing problems.

Sorry, I can't help you with much advice since I'm a newbie parent I ask you for advice more. All I've got's opinions. My kid told me the other day he got moved to yellow. He said it was because he was talking to Christopher. I asked, "which class?" He told me, I smiled and said, Aww, you made a friend. Maybe next time y'all can play on the playground. I think the hubby would have lectured him about how you go to school to learn and don't misbehave. I think he was learning more outside of school (educational learning) and that he just goes to school to socialize and behave and practice following the rules.

I just don't have much of a budget for books, but I think about buying some of the books they're selling here: http://inpraiseofargument.squarespace.com/teach-a-kid-to-argue/

There's a difference between saying the right answer and saying the right thing. I'm still not sure which I want to do. I used to know.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar