Just got a call from the SW. Apparently DD told her today how uncomfortable the checkmarks are making her and how afraid she is of getting one. SW is calling DSS to see if maybe they can overrule the principal and introduce responsive classroom instead. A little late but at least an attempt to try to help.

All I can do is stand back and be prepared to hold them accountable if it gets any worse. (We are up to about 4 times a day that she is using her pass to remove herself from the classroom. 10 days into the school year and so far only 1 day without reporting a headache.)

I am going to start visiting some local LD schools as well as the 2E school in NYC. If they can't or won't create an environment at the local public that allows DD to access her education without triggering her anxiety we have to know what options are available. Unilateral OOD placement is not a great option but we need to be prepared.

MON - the 2E school near you that closed - did they market themselves as 2E or are there "code words" I should be looking for? If you don't want to out your location on line maybe you can pm me in case the group of parents trying to keep it going may be in an accessible location.